ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I'm trying to get connected through IFD. But after successfully retrieving the available organizations I'm getting the error when I want to connect to one of these organizations:

ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized

When using the username format username@contoso.com I get the error while retrieving the organizations.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I don't know why, but it's working now!

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

What happens if you retry to connect? Does the connection appears in the available connection? if yes, what happened if you try to connect to it?

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM

The connection is listed at the available connections and I can reconnect as well! I've no idea why there was a problem. Thanks for your quick support anyway!

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Your welcome!

Just to notice: Do you know the XrmToolBox? It's a new tool that aggregates almost all my tools (including webResourceManager, the next version of jswebresourcemanager)?

Give it a try : http://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Great! I'll give it a try.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Hi Tanguy,

I am using XrmToolBox and having similar issue, I have IFD CRM with 2 ADFS (Claim Providers), I am giving Home Realm URL and with this I am able to get Organization dropdown populated with all Org, however when I try to conenct to one of the Org it gives error as "ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized". I tried it connecting multiple times but same error.
Jul 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I know it is not a secured request but if you could provide me an account to test it on my own, I could debug it more easily since I don't have this kind of configuration available.