ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I'm trying to get connected through IFD. But after successfully retrieving the available organizations I'm getting the error when I want to connect to one of these organizations:

ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized

When using the username format username@contoso.com I get the error while retrieving the organizations.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I don't know why, but it's working now!

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

What happens if you retry to connect? Does the connection appears in the available connection? if yes, what happened if you try to connect to it?

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

The connection is listed at the available connections and I can reconnect as well! I've no idea why there was a problem. Thanks for your quick support anyway!

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Your welcome!

Just to notice: Do you know the XrmToolBox? It's a new tool that aggregates almost all my tools (including webResourceManager, the next version of jswebresourcemanager)?

Give it a try : http://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Great! I'll give it a try.

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Hi Tanguy,

I am using XrmToolBox and having similar issue, I have IFD CRM with 2 ADFS (Claim Providers), I am giving Home Realm URL and with this I am able to get Organization dropdown populated with all Org, however when I try to conenct to one of the Org it gives error as "ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized". I tried it connecting multiple times but same error.
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I know it is not a secured request but if you could provide me an account to test it on my own, I could debug it more easily since I don't have this kind of configuration available.